AWIS membership is open to all women and men who support equality for women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics , and medicine (STEM). As a member of AWIS, you will:
- Expand your professional network
- Enhance your career development
- Find a mentor
- Develop leadership skills
- Champion the interests of women in STEM across all disciplines and employment sectors
- Strive to ensure that all women in STEM can achieve their full potential
AWIS-GCH Chapter Membership
Why join our chapter?
- Free admission to chapter events (including career development, networking and volunteer events)
- Exclusive members-only invitations to Houston-Area professional meetings and conferences
- Access to a local and national network of successful, supportive AWIS members
- Questions about membership? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a part of our team!
- Gain new experiences and/or refine existing skills
- Expand your network and make important career contacts
- Become more engaged with our chapter and our mission
AWIS-GCH welcomes and appreciates any volunteers and has a variety of committees to align with your interests.
We ask that volunteers be members.
Join a Committee
We are always looking for committee members!
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information
AWIS National Membership
At the national AWIS level, we have several categories of membership for individuals who wish to join and support our community and access our exclusive member benefits.
National AWIS dues range from $65 for Junior members to $150 for Professional members.
- Education and Professional Development
- Access to AWIS STEMiNARs, the popular continuing education series
- Numerous awards awards and scholarships, including AWIS Fellows and AWIS Educational and Professional Development Awards
- Leadership opportunities through committee and board positions
- Job Search
- Job hunting webinars
- AWIS Career Center
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Subscription to AWIS in Action!, the advocacy and public policy newsletter
- AWIS Policy Symposium Series (new!)
- Publications and Resources
- Subscription to the AWIS magazine
- Subscription to the Washington Wire – a “one-stop shop” bi-monthly e-newsletter with a collection of timely information and resources
- Networking and Mentoring
- Mentornet (for student members)
- AWIS online communities on LinkedIn, Facebook, and MySciNet
- AWIS membership directory
- Member-exclusive programs and events