The AWIS Houston chapter is dedicated to supporting women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEM) in Texas’s Gulf Coast and Houston region by providing opportunities to participate in professional networking, mentoring, and leadership activities.
Our goals and objectives (from the Strategic Plan 2022-2023) are to:
- Strengthen the economic sustainability of the chapter
- Deepen relationships among affiliate organizations to increase effectiveness, knowledge, and capacity for collective action
- Increase opportunities for STEM professionals by providing career development opportunities
- Strengthen community engagement through scholarship, outreach, and mentorship programs
- Actively recruit chapter members and executive board members across all genders
- Recruit members from the mathematics and technology fields